Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Langkawi, Malaysia

The Land of the Cats January 10, 2012

I pull up via cab to the Gecko Guesthouse on Langkawi island to find that there is a cat sleeping on every table outside of every room (there is only 3 rooms in that section...but still).  It looked as though the cats were standard issue with each room...bed, sheets, bathroom, random cat.  I book a dorm room, walk in and put my bag down, and no later do I meet Chris.  He immediately says hello and starts a conversation like I just stepped into his home or something.  He has been traveling so long that I guess it is his home, and if you move from one place to another all the time your home is, well, everywhere.

I meet Canadian guy that has been traveling for awhile talk to an English girl who is a dive instructor and decide I need to get certified in Koh Lanta (Koh is the Thai word for island).  It takes 4 days and is good for life and much cheaper than doing it in the US.

Talk about meeting other Canadians
Talk about dinner.  This is one of the good times.  Talk about Chris ability to bring people together.  
Go out to the beach with some beers and then go to the beach bar
Talk about Chriss stories of going off the beaten path.  He is on a whole nother level than me.  Tell some of his stories.
Chris asked me to go to Bangkok which I would totally have gone with him but I need to hang back to get the certification.


Good Company January 11, 2012 wake up late, eat beans and toast, buy allergy medicine., go to dinner at that place, pick up beers and go back to

Babylon


Hello and Goodbye January 12, 2012 Goodbye to Chris Chrisses last night, buy wine, go to the beach
Talk about travel and how it changes you.  Talk about the fact that everyone should do it.  It’s like reading one page of a book and being ok with it….make it a meaningful  post.  Must make people question their lives not simply accept comfort and normalness. They were scared.

Out With A Bang January 13, 2012 party at club dutch, go out to Babylon, people go swimming, Meet german girl and older guy,

Do laundry, buy a sarong, go to dinner at local place with 2 dutch girls, party at club dutch, go out to the bar with 2 dutch girls and german girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment